What does your perfect day look like?
Do you lounge in bed with a stack of books and coffee? Are you travelling and seeing new sights? Or do you live just like every day?
There is no right or wrong, it will be perfect for everyone.
Today I decided I need a Lovely Day once a week. Just for ME. A day where I can just do what I love, what fills my spirit, and be whatever I want to be.
Today was a Lovely Day. It still is because it’s not over yet!
Here is what my day looks like so far:
- Woke up early to work on sending an email for my new business launch (launching this very website you are reading right now).
- Made lovely coffee.
- Sat on my new daybed in my adored front porch with sparkly lights.
- Opened windows for the beautiful cool breeze to flow through.
- Finished email, launched it, announced it on Facebook.
- Turned on the Current really loud.
- Made cookies (for a friends birthday surprise today).
- Swept the kitchen and living room floors.
- Texted supportive words to a dear friend.
- Answered a few emails.
It is all LOVELY and perfect and my heart is soaring through all of it.
Yet to come:
- Massage in T-minus 30 (ooops I gotta go!) with AWE.SOME. massage therapist.
- Farmers Market to visit by BFF’s who are working it.
- Delivering cookies to said BFF’s family for birthday surprise.
- Shopping for new clothes.
- Watching Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil from Netflix. (I HEART Savannah, my dad lives there right now, I get to go again this fall for 2 weeks!)
- Sitting under my sparkly lights in my garden after dark.
- With a glass of wine.
This all fills my heart with JOY. It helps me be more productive in my work. And we ALL need this more often in our daily lives! Self-care is so important for so many reasons. Taking care of our bodies, minds, and hearts nourish, heal, and fulfill us in ways we sometimes can’t even imagine.
Who knows, maybe I will make every day a Lovely Day!
Share with me below in comments … what is YOUR Lovely Day or how do you nourish yourself? I really do want to hear! 🙂