Who Am I?
I am a regular ol' girl who happens to know a lot about websites and social media.
And I do happen to come from a background of holistic and creative work, and have always infused a lot of heart and intent into my work and life.
I love crystals. My hair is usually purple. And my spirit soars when I'm lit up doing what I love.
My credentials aren't fancy and expensive. I've learned "on the job" since my high school days.
I do, however, offer you heart, intention, and ease. Finding the right person to work with can be a challenge, and if they are "above" you in knowledge and throw big technology terms out to you that you don't understand, do you really feel confident in working with them?
Consider me your Plain Ol’ Computer Non-Techie Geek. (Translated: I'm an every day kinda person who just happens to know enough computer stuff to get by but won’t throw fancy words or technologies in your face.) I have no high cost education that I need to pass on to you as a client. I work with simplicity and everyday-ness. I work with YOU and your business, not above you. Together we can create whatever it is that your business needs to grow and thrive and SHINE.
I do have about 30+ years of experience.
- In high school I created my own 'zine ("magazine", in collage format, photocopied in black and white, distributed to friends only). In college I started creating flyers for groups where I was a leader or participant.
- In 1996 I created event flyers for the angel gift shop (yes, you read that correctly) I worked at and for an annual summer Festival I co-created for 4 years.
- In 1999, I made my own "free" website, and even though I didn't have an official business at that point, I played with it over the years enough to create sites for other friends, clients, and businesses, as well as my own two successful and beautiful sites.
- Throughout those years I created my own labels, business cards, print ads, flyers, brochures, signs, banners, and more for all my businesses.
- In 2003 I started Whispers of Spirit quarterly publication, which was a print publication, and in 2004 I co-created a large Holistic Expo and we went on to produce 5 Expo's, numerous small psychic and healing fair's, for all of which I created massive marketing, print ads, emails, and flyers (pre-Facebook event days). Our Expo's doubled in size each year. Whispers of Spirit had morphed into Presence online magazine for an additional few years.
- In 2014, I launched and produced Presence : Summit, a weekend conference of transformation, which I successfully produced on my own for 2 years.
- In 2008 I joined Facebook, and have not looked back since. The world of social media has become an interest (okay, obsession, if we must be real), and I have been watching, reading, observing, learning all about Facebook, Twitter, email lists, blogs, webinars, teleclasses, websites, marketing, business, and whatever else I can since that time.
- I have taken many, many classes with the "experts" in the field and read blogs and websites daily on these topics.
My intent is to offer you affordable solutions for your business growth. I love helping businesses become more professional. And I want to work with you.
I look forward to a professional connection between you + I to work together with clear intention, respect, and integrity.
My "official" bio:
Jennifer Salness is a small business mentor, social media strategist, and creative catalyst. For over 20 years she's built multiple businesses and offered consulting services to retail businesses, artists, coaches, and entrepreneurs. Her gift is helping your presence online be easy, so you can focus on your passion. She offers personalized sessions, workshops, and technical services to find clarity, growth, and movement for their business, especially for those overwhelmed or confused by technology. Her passion is to guide you with a calm, knowledgeable voice.